Smart Board - for tournament
The DGT Smart Board is an electronic chess board with many functionalities.
The DGT Smart Board is an electronic chess board with many functionalities. Just like the wooden electronic DGT boards, it knows everything that is happening on the board at all times and thus makes live broadcasting of chess games possible. But it has many other uses on top of that. It can be used at home, club and tournaments. The DGT Smart Board is accurate, fast, very energy efficient, and the net weight is just 2 kg!
The woodprint finish on top of the board is very appealing and looks just like real wood. The board is lightweight, thin and ergonomic making it easy to store and transport. Smart Boards are available with or without indices and are compatible with all DGT electronic chess sets. An affordable plastic set was developed for it but the board also looks great with the wooden Timeless set! The board topside size is 52 x 52 cm with tournament square size 55 x 55 mm.
When playing chess on a Smart Board it records the games, it will log and record around 500 moves that can be retrieved from the board in PGN format and used on other devices such as a PC, tablet or mobile phone. Use a chess program for analyzing the game and if desired to publish the games.
By using a Smart Board to play chess, you can show the game locally on screens or tv’s or broadcast the game live via the internet on your website.
Smart Boards have many applications and setups:
- Online Play. Play online against opponents from around the world using the Smart Board as your input device. For example play opponents on Playchess.com. Your opponent’s moves are shown in the display of the DGT3000 chess clock that is connected with the board.
- Recording games. Use the board to record your games for later analysis or publication. Analysing your games is the best way to improve your chess.
- Live Internet Broadcasting. Use the free DGT LiveChess software and our free Cloud Service to broadcast your games and tournaments live on your website.
- Show games locally Show one or multiple games on a screen without using an internet connection.
- Tournament Set-up. DGT Smart Boards are fully compatible for use together with existing wooden DGT e-Boards in a tournament set-up. Connect your existing wooden e-Boards together with the Smart Boards in one string.
- Computer Play. The board interacts with the strongest chess playing software and chess programs available on your laptop, PC, tablet or mobile phone. The Fritz PC computer program is included with your home use Smart Board.
- DGT Pi chess computer. Add the DGT Pi chess computer to turn your Smart Board into your strongest sparring partner. Use it to play, train, analyze and study chess. DGT Pi communicates the computer moves on the display or announces them via a loudspeaker.
To use Smart Boards in a tournament set-up different cable sets should be ordered.
Cable Connection for 1st Smart Board in tournament set-up.
Connection Material for Additional Smart Boards in Tournament set-up